Saturday, August 13, 2011

My ex still tells me all his secrets?

We broke up almost a year ago (I was his first love). We're still good friends - he insisted on it. To this day, he still tells me deep things in his life like he always did... and I later find out that nobody knows about some of the things he tells me, not even his best friends at school. Yet when I ask him about his feelings, he says I would never be an ideal candidate for XYZ (list of reasons). We live on opposite sides of the country now, but there is a deep emotional intimacy. That confuses me. Can you really have platonic feelings for an ex while simultaneously putting them in a "best friend who I trust with all my secrets and feelings" box? He also keeps a souvenir from one of our dates on his backpack and carries it with him everywhere he goes. Another confusing thing. Yet he continually insists that there is nothing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment