Tuesday, August 16, 2011

For British people, do you hate the traffic cameras? Are they absolutely EVERYWHERE, or what?

I was just in England on vacation 2 weeks ago and rented a car. After returning, I noticed a charge on my credit card. Turns out it was a ticket for driving in a bus lane while in Oxford. I don't even remember doing that. Of course, I was in an unfamiliar city and just diong my best to even stay on the right (left) side of the road! But apparently Big Brother saw me do it. I think it's so RIDICULOUS!! If it had been a real, live police officer, he/she might have let me go, realizing that I am a tourist who just made an innocent mistake. But the evil camera doesn't care and I am now out $65. Do these cameras miss nothing? I can't believe them. I hope they never get as widespread here in the US as they apparently are in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment